After several shopping trips and 2 purchases we have been charged for $9427.51 worth of furniture.Now our problem is that 2 weeks in advance, AFW will NOT deliver our furniture on the day that we have requested.

The sales person told us at the time of the first purchase that their policy was that they would not deliver until 2 days after closing on a new property. We talked to a Customer Service Manager (Susan) and she told us that if we got a letter from the builder that we would have a key on that day, that she would schedule the delivery. A week later, she denies that she said that and says that she has to stick to the company policy. Because our purchase is quite large, we feel that AFW should at least try to work with us on our needs.

We are responsible and have promised to be at the property at the delivery time. Once the furniture has been delivered, we are also responsible for the furniture whether we have closed or not!!!!

I would also like to add that after a very frustrating phone conversation, Susan hung up on me!!Is this normal company customer service from a manager???

Review about: American Furniture Warehouse Sales Manager.

Had an Experience with American Furniture Warehouse?

Comments

I think you are just spoiled and bratty. Very Veruca Salt of you -- "Don't care how, I want it NOW!"

How some people can be so entitled, I will never know. Their policy is their policy and the world doesn't revolve around you.

Rob Naish
Bronx, New York, United States #659956

________________________________________

We are sorry for the frustrations of this valued customer in that our policy is to NOT schedule deliveries until the customer actually has the "keys in hand" to the property. With well over 800 deliveries a day 7 days a week and with the experience we have (Sunday 6-9-13 will be AFW's 38th year anniversary) regarding customer's frequently not being able to take their delivery due to delays causing them to be unable to get their keys, we stand firm with this policy. There are a lot of hours taken to pull, prep and load $9000 dollars of furniture (at our prices and very low mark up that is a lot of furniture)...if the customer has to cancel at the last minute it leaves the drivers no choice other than to work around the furniture all day loading it and unloading it from the truck to get to the other furniture for the other customers scheduled for that day. This can put the drivers behind on their schedule (taking the furniture off and on the truck) and in turn upsets the other customers on that route for that day (keep in mind that we give delivery windows to customers so if we are running late it can be very problematic with customers). Of course once the drivers get back to the warehouse the furniture has to go through the many steps to get it back in location in the warehouse and more man hours are needed. Most every customer through the years that was not able to get their keys as promised thought they would...they just...

Not so long ago we (a few years back) were forced to have this policy put into place as it became the norm other than the exception in regards to customers not getting the keys as they "thought" they would. We cannot make exceptions to this policy and we hope for the customer's understanding.

Rob Naish AFW

ccheney

Hello.I am sorry to read of your experience with your purchase.

I would like to look into this concern for you and see if I can correct this.

My name is Chris Cheney, my email is ccheney@afwonline.com.Please, reach out to me with your invoice number or phone number, so I may look into this as soon as possible.

Barbarasouix
Chicago, Illinois, United States #658694

I think I would call for a refund if they can't deliver when they say, can you imagine the service you will get if you have an issue. Not saying you will but boy if you did, :p :rol :(

Rob Naish
to Barbarasouix Bronx, New York, United States #659959

Barbarasouix it isn't a question if we can deliver when we say...we are addressing why we don't want to deliver on dates before the customer has the keys to new properties or until the carpet is actually installed for example. Late cancellations of scheduled deliveries is a no win situation.