American Furniture Warehouse - Mismatched Furniture Unwilling to Replace
I have been very disappointed with the service we have received from American Furniture Warehouse (AFW). We purchased a table and chair set and had it delivered to our house. The table was damaged and the chairs did not match (we received 2 different styles of chairs). 3 of the chairs were written on (pen marks along the side where they were assembled)
I contacted customer service and they said the chairs were meant to be that way, it is called "Recycled Beauty" - it is actually shoddy craftsmanship. I was willing to keep the table if I could exchange the chairs for 6 matching chairs that were not written on. AFW was unable to guarantee 6 matching chairs and was more interested in giving me excuses as to why the chairs were different styles and treating me like an *** than actually helping.
They are giving us our money back, which I appreciate but we really wanted the table and chairs. Mike Culp was my salesman - not helpful. Doug the Store manager - not helpful. We will no longer do business with them.
After my last conversation with Doug, I believe AFW policy is _ when a customer in unhappy just give them their money back and they will shut up. This prevents them from actually caring and wanting to make customers happy.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Defective furniture
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Product or service
- Table Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We spent $444.00 on an ashley-porter tv stand. When we got it unboxed. The top was warped. When I moved it in a 4x4 leg fell off.It..."
- "Purchased leather Big Picture package ($1999.99) from Garner White with the leather protection coverage ($99.00). Leather Is crumbling between the cushions, arm rest, and back rest area (see pics). Product..."
- "We paid nearly 4,000.00 for a custom Paula Sofa. It was finally brought to us last week. I had to refuse delivery! A PIECE OF JUNK I would not..."
- "Nabi aut of age! Go buy $150 samsung tablet .Set up for yur child...That is it.. Way!!! Im saying that look here ,I did buy junior ,dreamtab ,fuhu nabi2 ...."
- "There is no customer care.. I love to shop on Zara, just like there cloths ... this is my first time that have to deal with their customer care... turn..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida.I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section of..."
- "I purchased three items on 06/05/2014 totaling $560.42. The items were 80250976 x2 and one 40227983 which is two bookshelves and one piece that joins them together. These items were..."
- "I worked at Trimax Locks/Bugzooka/Wyers Products Group for almost a year. The owner Philip Wyers and Accountant Jenna Meacham practice shady business methods in many aspects of the business. I..."
- "Thank you all so much for the reviews! It really gives us a lot of info about the product from someone who isn't trying to make a buck! Especially Dee..."