American Furniture Warehouse - Mismatched Furniture Unwilling to Replace
I have been very disappointed with the service we have received from American Furniture Warehouse (AFW). We purchased a table and chair set and had it delivered to our house. The table was damaged and the chairs did not match (we received 2 different styles of chairs). 3 of the chairs were written on (pen marks along the side where they were assembled)
I contacted customer service and they said the chairs were meant to be that way, it is called "Recycled Beauty" - it is actually shoddy craftsmanship. I was willing to keep the table if I could exchange the chairs for 6 matching chairs that were not written on. AFW was unable to guarantee 6 matching chairs and was more interested in giving me excuses as to why the chairs were different styles and treating me like an *** than actually helping.
They are giving us our money back, which I appreciate but we really wanted the table and chairs. Mike Culp was my salesman - not helpful. Doug the Store manager - not helpful. We will no longer do business with them.
After my last conversation with Doug, I believe AFW policy is _ when a customer in unhappy just give them their money back and they will shut up. This prevents them from actually caring and wanting to make customers happy.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Defective furniture
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Product or service
- Table Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Please don't buy the Sundvik Crib from IKEA - SUNDVIK crib review I LOVE(D) IKEA. But now I am having serious doubts. We purchased the Sundvik Crib last..."
- "10-17-14. Went to American Freights, North Memorial Pkwy,Huntsville Al, Store...I picked sofa, loveseat, recliner for my disabled mother. .I took pictures of the furniture I picked and forwarded pics..to my..."
- "On the date of 10/24/11I purchased a living room set from Ashley Furniture .The set consisted of ,A couch and love seat, 2 end tables ,one soft table.I thought..."
- "I worked at Trimax Locks/Bugzooka/Wyers Products Group for almost a year. The owner Philip Wyers and Accountant Jenna Meacham practice shady business methods in many aspects of the business. I..."
- "Thank you all so much for the reviews! It really gives us a lot of info about the product from someone who isn't trying to make a buck! Especially Dee..."
- "I purchased three items on 06/05/2014 totaling $560.42. The items were 80250976 x2 and one 40227983 which is two bookshelves and one piece that joins them together. These items were..."
- "Hello, my name Is David Gillis and my address is 42 peninsula place Dorchester Ma 02125. I placed an order on November 16, it's seem to have disappeared after a..."
- "Stay away from Legal Zoom!!! There is NO WAY to cancel services on your account. I tried to remedy the situation with my credit card but I guess I will..."
- "Got a car at Luton Airport GM while raining and couldn't check it thoroughly. When I returned it they found these scratches and charged me 688 GBP! And the GM..."