2.2
Style and Design

I purchased a sofa and ottoman/coffee table from AFW, $780.I gave the sales man, the lady that took all of my payment, address and other info, and the delivery department the measurements for the 2 different sets of stairs they could use at my apartment.

One was inside and one was outside. And the demotions of the hallway, door and my apartment. I was told that AFW had white glove delivery service and not to worry. Well after waiting weeks for my sofa to come in, when AFW showed up, the 2 men they sent were rude, ignored me and my mother.

And within minutes of being here they said they could not deliver it, that there was not enough room? I explained the measurements and said there are SEVERAL apartments here that have larger couches in them? I asked them to try, take the legs and pillows off? But again, no they would not even try!!

I even asked to show them the 9 ft. very wide sofa in my mom’s apartment just around the corner from me. He said that it would not matter, they weren’t going to deliver my sofa and to call customer service. Also, that there would be a 15% restock fee?

WHAT??? They were lazy!! The outside stairs give enough room for sofas to be taken up one floor!!! After the lazy movers left I called AFW and explained that I showed pictures to my sales guy, gave him and the moving department all the stairs, doorway and apartment measurements.

I was told that I would still have to pay the 15% restock fee?? That’s when I asked for a manager. I got Amy who defended the movers and restock fees. I got very upset.

I’m disabled and spent over $40 for a cab ride to AFW just to see what I was purchasing. She finally waived the 15% fee but made NO effort at all to find out what happened, if another sofa would work, but nothing!! I spoke with my manager of my apartment complex and AFW has delivered sofas here many, many times before. I even seen one of the sofas that was delivered from AFW and It was 3 inch longer than mine?

I have also seen sofas moved in and out of the complex with no problem. One was longer and had a sofa bed so it was extremely heavy!!! They weren’t lazy and used the outside stairs. AFW failed to take a picture of the outside stairs they could have used and report to their office as another option!!

One of the 2 options they had which they did not even attempt to use and conveniently left the out of their report!!!! I have been waiting weeks for my sofa, it was on back order. This has displaced me and has caused a great deal of stress and frustration. So, I called to talk to someone in corporate about what happened.

I got some manager with an attitude. Within less than a minute, she told me “well you’re not getting compensated for the sofa or delivery situation??? What???? I had not even come remotely close to asking for ANY compensation!!!

Period!! My issue was with the delivery men and the LACK of care the 2 managers that I spoke with showed! I was attempting to explain about how sofas are moved with ease in and out of my apartment complex!!! I was hoping to speak with someone who valued me as a customer, was sorry, maybe even cared or tried to understand what happened!

Just wanted someone that could maybe help me?? But instead I got drivers that did not want to deal with the outside stairs. (conveniently left out of the pictures they took when they said it would not fit) And the 2 managers that FAILED to listen or attempted to help me, a customer of AFW!!! I have seen SEVERAL longer, wider and heaver sofas moved in and out with little trouble.

But neither supervisor lifted a finger to help me or listen to what happened when the drivers got here. We have several whiteness that seen what happened, and other people that have sofas comfortably sitting in the exact same apartment arrangements? Bottom line. I became a problem and they just wanted rid of me!!!

DO NOT purchase from American Furniture Warehouse!! They have horrible sales and managers running the company.

If you have ANY type of problem, forget getting help!!!!They will leave you on your own….

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Product and the price.

I didn't like: Poor service, Customer service and management, Customer service.

Had an Experience with American Furniture Warehouse?

Comments

Rob Naish

Jason, we apologize that you are unhappy with your experience and have refunded you in full.All of our calls are recorded and we have listened to your calls from when you spoke with our corporate Customer Service managers.

we are terribly sorry that you feel the service you paid for was not received. It is not our intention to ever disappoint a customer. Your concerns are being heard and addressed with the appropriate management teams, as we take information like this very serious and will address it appropriately.

Thank you Jason for letting us know.AFW