American Furniture Warehouse - Junk, junk, junk

107 of 113 American Furniture Warehouse reviews

I was a loyal customer of AFW when I moved to Colorado. I had a very large house to fill and was pleased with the appearance and pricing of the furniture. Most of it has fallen apart in a short period of time. Tables with loose legs I can't keep tightened, chairs with seats that won't stay on, couch springs that fail quickly and a patio set that can't stand up to rain or sunlight.

The formal dining set that is falling apart is rarely used (maybe three time now).

PLEASE save your hard earned money and shop elsewhere! their furniture is *** and their customer service is not worth the effort of the call.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

107 of 113 American Furniture Warehouse reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
keeper007

Oct 07, 2013 #726640

Your an ***, welcome to Colorado Weather. If you don't take care of your stuff properly it breaks. I used to live out there and saw this damage on almost every one of my friends stuff that was left outside in the winter. You live in a harsh environment with harsh consequences. Act accordingly, and stop your complaining.

3 3 Reply
Be sure to pass the buck!

Feb 18, 2012 #432589

Thanks for the reply Rob and the HUGE leap to the conclusion that the wind pushed the table over and broke it! Never happened. The table weighs about 60+ pounds.

We took very good care of our furniture. My wife makes Mr. Monk look like a rank amateur in the OCD category.

Face it, your product is just plain junk!

Folks reading this, this is what you can look forward to in the way of customer service.

1 0 Reply

May 15, 2013 #651176 Bronx, New York, United States

If I remember correctly American Furniture Warehouse and this customer were able to work this out and it was a pleasure. I can't find the comments reflecting that...??? Rob

Rick

Sep 02, 2013 #710406

Rob,
Never worked out. Customer (me) will never set foot in AFW again and encourage others to do the same.

0 0 Reply
Furniture Falling Apart !

Feb 14, 2012 #429612

My husband and I are/were loyal customers of AMF for years. When we purchased our home (Highlands Ranch,CO)10 years ago we furnitured almost our entire home from AMF.Because we believe their furniture was reasonable and trusted that it was durable. We are both retired and have no children/grandchildren in the home nor do we entertain. Here are our concerns and complaint: Our living room couch is sagging in the middle and the bottom seems to be falling out. We do not sit in the living room. We purchased three leather recliners for the basement the the cushions in the leg rest has shifted around. We don't use this furniture often..if we did I would not be complaing. We purchased our entire bed room set from AMF ..they bought it out and put it up for us...sometime later we noticed the large foot post was leaning....we called AMF out ...thank goodness they fix that. We purchased our office furniture from AMF..just last week as I was working at my desk the wheel to my office chair fell off with out warning..I screamed and almost hit the floor. I am getting to old to be falling. My husband and I are both of average weight there is no reason this furniture should be falling apart with little or no use. The same year that we purchased all this furniture from AMF we alo purchased our family room from another furniture store..we use this family room EVERY day and the it still is durable. My husband recently put in a call to AMF..I will keep you posted on the out come. We are not... Show more

Feb 14, 2012 #429371

Rick, Patio furniture left outside in Colorado winters will look like it was left outside. Patio furniture that is covered or stored in the basement or garage during the winter will look like they were well taken care of. Anything outside in the weather...will...well..."weather"...just like everything does including the house. Patio tables that get pushed over by some of the wind storms we've had around here are subject to damage...it is not so much a quality issue as it is a wind issue and what happpens as the wind hits.

Really?

Feb 06, 2012 #423553

Rick you do realize that the $149.00 we offered you was for the patio table top because we wanted to help you get a new top for the base even though it was out of warranty and that we felt the damage to your table was in no way due to anything regarding the warranty or with it being defective; right? Why do you think that us wanting to help you replace the top as a bad thing??

>>>Not a bad thing. I thought I was purchasing a quality patio table. I have looked. Have you tried to find a top at 149? Regarding the warranty - I was never informed that the patio furniture should not be placed outdoors. How can you state this is not a defect??

>>>Took care of it myself..

>>>>12 years, but began having trouble within the year. This piece is in the basement and rarely used. Still looks good (since not used) so we just leave it as a decoration. We use the two Flex-steel couches on the main floor regularly (same age) and they are holding up really well.

>>>>>Rob, Why should I have to schedule and wait for warranty people to run through the house and
... Show more

Sit on steel

Aug 02 #1193960

my 130 dollar computer chair padding was non existent after 6 months. Looking closely at your furniture, it is cheaply made and displayed as AMERICAN to fool the idiots who think that means Built in the USA which its really MEXICO AMERICAN, or Chile American.....
Nice little Trick Jake Jabsteinman-ner has going on there.

Jan 31, 2012 #419633

Have you called us on your table legs coming loose?? When we send our techs out they will tighten them and put on a dab of loctite and that has worked really well on keeping the nuts tight. If you are talking about seat springs in the sofa you purchased 12 yrs ago did you know seat springs have a lifetime warranty against defects?

Rob

Lynn Jen

Jan 30, 2012 #418681

thank you for the heads up I was just going to order my son a twin trundle bed today but i guess i will go elsewhere.!!!!!!!!!!

Same Here!

Jan 29, 2012 #418518

I have had the same experience with their junk!

RHamilton

Jan 28, 2012 #417925

Rob,
Thanks for the reply, but I have spoken extensively with both Lavina and Dayle and find the offer of $140 compensation to be far from acceptable.
I do not think that any further communication with AFW will solve my problems.

Rob Naish - American Furniture

Jan 28, 2012 #417915

Anonymous that sounds terrible that everything you bought has fallen apart on you!!! We would love to get more information from you so we could look up your information and from there see what we can do for you. We stand behind our products...please give me a call or email me. Thank you - Rob Naish American Furniture Warehouse 303-727-3103 or rnaish@afwonline.com

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to American Furniture Warehouse. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about American Furniture Warehouse.
Filing a new complaint about
×