I had an experience with American furniture warehouse and Gilbert Arizona on Power road.So I have been in the furniture industry for many years I started out as a warehouse delivery person became a warehouse manager and then became a senior warehouse manager for the furniture company that I work for.

I have a lot of experience with training from many different companies such as Ashley furniture and other large manufacturing companies. Me and my wife bought a dining room table and chairs from American furniture we spent $1000 for this table and chairs and bench. We cover our table with a tablecloth we use placemats and one day I noticed when cleaning the table that there was a ridge a scene that was going directly straight across the table and there was some stain the near that was no longer there was gone I thought to myself that I could just touch this up with a marker/crayon. I know that if one of my kids had scratch the table there would be no worries I would just fix it myself not a problem things happen and I totally understand.

But this spot was a scene where it was lifting and was spreading across the table at the time I noticed it it was probably 2 inches in length as of today it is about 6 inches in length. I called American furniture and asked them to come and take a look at it The lady over the phone asked if there was anyway I could just take a picture and email it to her I said I would be happy to do that no problem I will include the photos. After sending her pictures she asked that they would send out a representative to come take a better look at the table and take more pictures I said sure no problem I have nothing to hide. So they sent out a private contractor to come take pictures of the table and to make their own assessment.

A few days later I received a phone call from American furniture saying that 1) I had either put a hot dish plate on the table to cause the same two left Venere or we had spilled water on the table and had not cleaned it up in both cases these are incorrect statements as we have little children and would never put a hot dish on a plate for them to get burned too we have a tablecloth that we use over our table and we would not have left a wet spot where a drink would have been spelled. I think we have had this table for approximately three months. So I told the young lady that I thought that her decision was not a fair decision and that it was caused by something different she told me that basically I had no other rights that they have made their decision and that they would not be covering the table at all. In all my years of working with the general public have I ever said anything like that to a customer nor would I ever.

Again not to say that our kids could have and have I'm sure had a small tiny scratch on the table I mean one that you can hardly even see but apparently American furniture warehouse can see lots of scratches again I'm going to post a picture and you can be your own judge. So I called back after I was done talking to the first young lady and asked for a corporate office to be able to plead my case with they gave me the number to their Colorado office which is their corporate offices there. I called them and was talking to a young lady there and after I told her about the issue concern that I have she told me that they do not handle or take care of any complaints from another state that is up to that stores management to make those decisions. Once again in my career we have always had a corporate person that our customers are more than welcome to call and talk to you.

Then corporate would call us and talk to us about the situation and what we have found and why we have made the decision that we made and if they feel that we should have made another decision based off information that was discussed with them this could be such as a customer who spends $10,000 on a house full of furniture maybe we would take care of that customer because they took trusting us to have fresh their home let's pack them up and take care of or maybe a customer has a valid point that could either go one way or the other but is not 100% certain either way we would then take care of our customer we want them to come back we want them to buy from us they are what makes our business or breaks our business if they don't shop with this anymore. And of course there are truly horribly damaged furniture that is totally done by the customer that is not going to be covered no matter what in the situations of course I would not expect them to take care of something that I totally love my kids or wife totally damaged This is not the case. So after calling their corporate offices The other day apparently they did forward it to upper management at the store here in Gilbert Arizona. I received a call from a young lady telling me basically that she could see very clearly in the pictures that her representative took one at my home that our table was not going to be covered under warranty because it was so scratched up that any scratches of any kind on a table voyage all warrantee and would not cover anything she said because I had called corporate she would however cover the table this time waive the fee to have them take it into their shop and sand the top down and Sand and revarnish the top that this would take one full week to be done but once this was done there would absolutely not be any more warranty on this table whatsoever at all.

Again my claim is that this Seem/lifted spot is a veneer that is coming up from the manufacture or an area that was glued and has lifted I am very unhappy with this company and the way they handle their customer service concerns and complaints they are not very nice they are very a matter of fact and do not stand behind their products in anyway shape or form this is good to know as I Will not buy any more furniture from this company!!!

As I want a company who stands behind their products within reason again I'm not saying that they should cover every single thing because they should not.But I will say there are situations and circumstances where they should cover things that are with in reason and they refused to take this as a buyer beware this company does not stand behind their products and has a bad reputation for that and it's customer service as you can well see online yourself

Review about: Dining Room Table.

2.4
Style and Design
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with American Furniture Warehouse?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion