I purchased 5 items.4 items were financed.

Related: American Furniture Warehouse - Horrible customer service

I asked to purchase 1 item in the store before leaving. I used my debit card to pay for the item and left the store with the item. My bank account showed that the debit had cleared and AFW had my money, I had my item. Wells Fargo was the company AFW used for financing.

When my first bill arrived it included the item that I had purchased. I filed a dispute. Wells Fargo investigated and 1 month later responded that after auditing the account I did owe the amount for the item that I had purchased. I called the lady listed on the letter and she suggested that I go to AFW in person with my proof.

I showed my proof to Shanna, supervisor who said that the entire 5 items were financed and the money that I thought was being used to pay for the 5th item had been applied to the entire account. I told her that I was never interested in financing all 5 items, only 4 items as I had paid for the 5th item. She said it was my fault, I should have known. AND HOW WOULD I HAVE KNOWN THIS??????

AFW IN BROOMFIELD. She (Shanna) told me that she had other customers to take care of. (In other words, get out of my face.) This is so frustrating. I wasted my time and energy troubleshooting this problem.

When I pay for an item and leave the store with the item, how would I have know that AFW was going to structure my purchase in the way that it did. As far as I was concerned I was financing the 4 items but not the 5th item.

I was treated like I was *** and that her (Shanna) was more important than my time.

Review about: Debit Card Charge.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $1
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with American Furniture Warehouse?

Comments

Denver, Colorado, United States #681743

Hello, my name is Chris Cheney.I am the Customer Service Manager at American Furniture Warehouse.

I apologize that you had a bad experience with our company. I would like to dive into this for you and find a resolution as to what happened regarding your charges. Of course, I would also like to speak with you regarding the customer service aspect of this complaint as well. If you would, please, contact me at ccheney@afwonline.com or feel free to call me at 720-322-2702.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you, Chris.