American Furniture Warehouse - AFW blamed the customer for their screwup
I purchased 5 items.4 items were financed.
I asked to purchase 1 item in the store before leaving. I used my debit card to pay for the item and left the store with the item. My bank account showed that the debit had cleared and AFW had my money, I had my item. Wells Fargo was the company AFW used for financing.
When my first bill arrived it included the item that I had purchased. I filed a dispute. Wells Fargo investigated and 1 month later responded that after auditing the account I did owe the amount for the item that I had purchased. I called the lady listed on the letter and she suggested that I go to AFW in person with my proof.
I showed my proof to Shanna, supervisor who said that the entire 5 items were financed and the money that I thought was being used to pay for the 5th item had been applied to the entire account. I told her that I was never interested in financing all 5 items, only 4 items as I had paid for the 5th item. She said it was my fault, I should have known. AND HOW WOULD I HAVE KNOWN THIS??????
AFW IN BROOMFIELD. She (Shanna) told me that she had other customers to take care of. (In other words, get out of my face.) This is so frustrating. I wasted my time and energy troubleshooting this problem.
When I pay for an item and leave the store with the item, how would I have know that AFW was going to structure my purchase in the way that it did. As far as I was concerned I was financing the 4 items but not the 5th item.
I was treated like I was *** and that her (Shanna) was more important than my time.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- " Upon purchasing the 2 for 1 product, king size, I noticed an obvious difference in the amount of filling in both pillows. I opted..."
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "Four months after I placed the order, my kitchen looks like this, happy thanksgiving without 18 base and simple dishwasher panel!..."
- "Siendo cliente de Golden Corral, fui atendido por Minerva, una de los "manager", lastimosamente recibi el peor de tratos como cliente, me lleve una gran sorpresa cuando me quejaba por..."
- "I attended the 1020 Barbershop 3 showing at the Edwards Temecula 15. I was sitting in either row J or K seats 7-11. My wallet must have fallen out from..."
- "I am so upset with this company...I spent over $100 in a large basket with next day delivery. It was not shipped until three days after my order. Upon delivery,..."